No one wants to spend their savings on a faulty furnace that broke down at the worst possible moment. If anything though, this should be a good motivator to find and address furnace malfunctions before they escalate to this point.
Need some help figuring out whether or not you need furnace repair in Oregon City, OR? We can share the signs to watch for then provide the service you need to get things warm again.
Indicators That Your Furnace Requires Repairs
Is your furnace struggling to heat the house the way it should? Be on the alert for the following warning signs.
- The furnace has started making odd noises: A furnace won’t be completely silent unless it is off. However, a noisy furnace isn’t something to brush off. There are certain noises that a properly working furnace really shouldn’t make. Sound like rumbling, banging, booming, screeching, or hissing are all indicators of issues in the furnace that are likely to require repairs.
- You notice the furnace heating cycles are irregular: The average heating cycle lasts around 15 minutes before the temperature should reach the desired level and the system shuts down. Irregular cycles include short cycling (shutting off after only a few minutes) and nonstop cycles (the heater seems to run for hours on end). In both of these cases, your furnace has a serious issue that needs to be dealt with promptly.
- Your energy bills have gone up but not your comfort: Have you noticed your energy bills are increasing even when your heater isn’t having to do extra work? Well, it may actually be working harder than you realize! Increasing energy bills don’t lie–your heater is eating up extra energy to try to do its job.
- Running your furnace produces bad smells: When your furnace runs, does it carry some unpleasant smells throughout the house along with warm air? Then you are better off shutting it down and letting a technician take a look at it. Different smells indicate a variety of different problems such as burning wires or leaking gas.
- There are major delays in the start-up of your furnace: When you turn on your furnace it should respond almost immediately. Does your furnace have a longer delay before it turns on? Does it click repeatedly for several minutes before it starts heating or finally starts producing heat after creating a boom? Those start-up delays aren’t normal! Get this issue checked out before it causes a full breakdown.
If you have started to notice any of the warning signs we’ve listed here that something is wrong with your furnace heater, we strongly advise getting your system checked out by a trained technician from the Clawson team. Whether your system needs maintenance, repairs, or you need to prepare for a replacement, we will be able to provide the services you need.
For HVAC, indoor air quality, and water heater services, look no further than the team that is “Connecting People to Comfort”–Clawson Heating & Air Conditioning. Contact us today!