Clawson Community Involvement
Our Just Future
Help Your Neighbors Experiencing Homelessness and Housing Instability
Our Just Future (formerly Human Solutions) works in East Portland and wider East Multnomah County to help neighbors experiencing homelessness or housing instability. Working in one of the most diverse areas of Oregon, we partner with about 15,000 people annually – offering a range of services, including emergency shelter and rapid rehousing, training for career-track jobs, and new affordable housing for the long-term stability of people in our region. Our 19th affordable-housing community opens in early 2023, for a total of 897 apartments.
Our Just Future counters the forces that keep people and communities in poverty by building relationships and assets that create opportunity – today and for future generations. Here’s how:
- We partner with people and communities impacted by poverty so they can achieve long-term housing and economic security.
- We invest in affordable housing and community assets that contribute to strong, inclusive neighborhoods.
- We advocate with our community for policies and investments that expand housing and economic opportunity, eliminate wealth inequality and end poverty.
East Portland and wider East Multnomah County, Oregon, is our home and the heart of our investments, advocacy, and programs.
Our Focus on Racial Equity
Racial justice is at the forefront of our work at Our Just Future. As a social-services and affordable-housing provider in one of the most racially diverse areas of our state, we have a duty to address the racial injustices that are foundational to America’s inequitable housing and economic systems. Our personal and organizational work toward justice, equity and inclusion is essential to how we show up, especially in our efforts to deliver equitable results for BIPOC participants and create a connected community where everyone is valued and has access to the tools they need to thrive.
Donate Unexpired Food and New Toys
Clawson’s is collecting food donations in October and toys in November for Our Just Future. Donations can be given to a technician brought to our office. Financial contributions can be made directly to Our Just Future.
If it’s About to Expire, Let it Retire
If we receive canned or boxed goods that are about to go bad, program participants often can’t get around to eating them in time. We also don’t have a lot of storage space in our facilities, so when we receive nonperishable food items that are about to expire, we prioritize keeping foods that have a longer shelf-life. Please check to make sure that donated items are at least two weeks from their expiration dates before donating!
Donate New Items Only, Please
Everyone deserves items that are fresh, and consistently receiving hand-me-downs can make folks feel unworthy, which we know isn’t true! If you have questions about a specific item, we’re always happy to chat, so don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Other Useful Links
- Shop Our Just Future’s Wish Lists
- Refill our Shelter Pantry
- Donate Coats
- Become a Volunteer
- Give Directly to Our Just Future
The Raphael House of Portland
Help Build a Brighter Future for Survivors
Thank you so much for your interest in supporting Raphael House of Portland! We provide life- saving services to adults and children fleeing domestic violence, while working to prevent future abuse through education. Each year we serve more than 4,228 survivors and community members, and community contributions make that all possible. Together we’re ensuring that survivors find the hope, healing, and independence they deserve – while building a bright future that’s free from violence!
Since opening our doors in 1977, Raphael House of Portland has offered uninterrupted access to emergency domestic violence shelter in a confidential location. We offer survivors and their families ongoing resources and a supportive community through our Advocacy Center, phone assistance on our 24-hour hotline, and sustainable housing solutions – along with an education program aimed at teaching youth and the public about equitable relationships.
We believe that everyone deserves to live a life free from violence. The mission of Raphael House is to engage our entire community in non-violent living through advocacy, education, and community outreach, and by providing a safe haven from domestic violence.
Make a Life-Saving Gift
How your gift can help:
- $30 – cab ride to help a new family get to and from our shelter safely
- $50 – housing application fee, to help a family transition out of our shelter
- $100 – 24-hours of safe shelter for an adult or child fleeing domestic violence
Your donation has the power to change lives and helps us provide a safe haven to survivors! Monetary donations allow us to adapt to survivors needs as they arise. Please visit to make a life-saving gift.
Help Provide Our Most Needed Items (New and Unused Only)
- Fred Meyer gift cards (so families can purchase the supplies they need most)
- Feminine Hygiene Products (pads, tampons)
- Shampoo and Conditioner (full-size bottles)
- Face Wash
- African American Hair Products (hair lotion, leave-in conditioner, gel, pomades, relaxer)
- KN95 Masks (for kids and adults)
- Body Wash
- High Quality Art Supplies
Thank you for your investment in safer future for our community! Please contact Quinn Wilson at (503) 243-5115 with questions or to learn more about getting involved.
At Clawson Heating & Air Conditioning, we believe in being connected to our community, and helping other organizations continue their missions as well. Below is an ever-evolving list of local organizations that we donate to and sponsor. "Dozer’s Sponsorship’s" was made in loving memory of our beloved sidekick, Dozer.
We love our community and we are dedicated to helping and improving it in any way we can. We are currently accepting donations to support Legacy Hospice Pet Pals- learn more below!.
Legacy Hospice Pet Pals Program
Keeping patients and pets side by side
The unconditional love and companionship pets offer is priceless medicine for both patients and families dealing with life-limiting illness. We help pets and their families stay together by providing financial assistance and specially trained volunteers to assist hospice patients with their pet care needs. Services include walking animals, waste cleanup, delivering supplies, animal transport, boarding, vaccines, assistance with rehoming, and more.
How can you help?
Please click the button below to donate and help keep pets and their owners together.
Past Community Involvement
SnowCap Community Charities is a great orqanization supporting families and people in need by providing, food, clothing, and services of need.
Here are the most needed items:
- Canned vegetables & fruit
- Canned tuna
- Canned soups, stews & chili
- Peanut butter
- Hot chocolate packets & coffee
- Dessert mixes (jello, cake mix, etc.)
- Soap, shampoo, conditioner, toothbrushes, and toothpaste
- Lotion, deodorant, razors, and shaving cream
- Hand sanitizer and masks
- Dish soap and laundry detergent
- Toilet paper, baby wipes, and paper towels
- Handwarmers, hats, and gloves
- Activity books, playing cards, and crayons
- Paper bags
Any and all donations are appreciated!
Family Dogs New Life
Helping the animals in need in our community is near and dear to the hearts of the Clawson team. We’re doing our part to help the Family Dogs New Life Shelter in Milwaukie, OR, and now you can help out, too!
There are several ways to get involved:
1. Donate Needed Items: You can bring items needed to our office or give them to your Technician at time of service. Please see below for a list of items needed.
2. Make a Monetary Donation: Your donation will be used to buy items needed, pay medical bills, contribute to adoption fees, and more! You can make a donation here: https://www.familydogsnewlife.org/donate
3. Put Your System Purchase to Use: For every HVAC system that we sell, $50 of the bill will be donated to the Family Dogs New Life Shelter.
We sincerely thank everyone who contributes to this amazing cause!
Items most needed:
- Dry Dog Food (all-natural brands preferred)
- Advantage or Frontline Flea Treatment
- Dog Toys (new or slightly used)
- Dog Treats
- Greenies, bones, chewies
- Tennis Balls
- Dog crates
- Pill Pockets (treats for giving medication)
- New Leashes and Collars
- Dog poop pick up bags
- Simple Green Naturals cleaner (or similar non-toxic household cleaners)
- Air fresheners (any kind)
- 1-gallon storage bags- zip top
- Trash bags- kitchen size and 33 gallon
- Printer Ink (HP952)
- Printer paper
- Gift Cards to the following: Home Depot, Target, Fred Meyer, PetSmart, Petco